Recipe by Valerie in Florida
Recipe courtesy of Paula Deen. I thought this recipe was simple and delicious. I served it with Rice Pilaf
Top Review by Candy C
I bought some fresh rockfish (west coast version of red snapper) and prepared it using this recipe from Paula's The Lady & Sons, Too! I cut the amount of butter in half and used red bell pepper and a mixture of green and yellow onions. The original recipe calls for baking the fish 8 minutes then turning and baking another 8 minutes ~ I think this helped the fish absorb the lovely vegetables a bit more. Served on mashed potatoes with a spinach salad. So glad you had already posted, Valerie, so I won't ever lose this delicious recipe!
- 4 (8 ounce) red snapper fillets, about 1/2 inch thick
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Season the fish with the salt and pepper.
- Spread onions and pepper in a 13x9 inch baking dish and place fish on top. Dot the fish with butter.
- Sprinkle a little Worchestershire sauce and bake for 12 minutes then baste fish with pan juices.
- Sprinkle the fish with Parmesan and then place under the broiler for about 2 minutes or until the cheese browns.
- To serve, spoon vegetables over the fish.