Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 mins
What a great way to serve chicken! Very elegant, easy and delish for the entire family, or a dinner party. Serve with jasmine rice and a good Cabernet Sauvignon.*Note* This was recipe was adopted by me in a zaar adoption. And I can't quite remember when that was either.
- 3 lbs chicken parts (cut up legs, breasts and thighs)
- 1 1⁄2 cups sherry wine or 1 1⁄2 cups rice wine vinegar
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 12 garlic cloves, peeled
- 3 bay leaves
- 1⁄2 tablespoon whole black peppercorn
- 3 whole Thai chiles (optional)
- Marinate chicken in remaining ingredients at least 2 hours in refrigerator.
- Arrange chicken in stainless steel or coated enamel pot.
- Pour marinade over chicken and bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer about 20-25 minutes until tender.
- Remove chicken and reduce sauce to a heavy cream consistency.
- Return chicken to sauce and cook 5-10 minutes on medium heat until golden brow.
Actually 4 1/2 stars. The peppercorns in the sauce were annoying. Next time I think I'll use crushed peppercorns. BUT this is an easy & most delicious dish!! Made for PAC. Thanks!