Make As You Like Chocolate Chip Cookies I usually triple or quadruple the recipe at least double it. To have enough for everybody who comes looking for some. I have been making these since I was a teenager and I won't say how many years it has been but I am a grandmother now and everyone still comes looking for these cookies.
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup margarine (butter if you prefer)
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar (tightly packed )
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon rum flavoring (Use any essence or flavoring such as vanilla essence if you prefer)
- 1 cup chocolate chips (or more If you want and these can be divided between small and large chocolate chips)
- 1⁄2 cup butterscotch chips (these are optional)
- 1⁄2 cup nuts, pecans (any kind of nuts and these are optional)
- 1⁄2 cup coconut (and the coconut is optional)
- Sift together flour, baking soda and salt.
- Cream together butter and sugars.
- Beat in egg(s) and flavoring
- Beat until light and fluffy.
- Stir in dry ingredients. Just until they are moistened.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and the other ingredients you have chosen to add.
- Drop batter about two inches apart on a greased baking sheet. Bake in a preheated 350 Degree oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until light golden brown. Do not overbake. Cookies crisp up on cooling. .