Chef #208121's Note:
I just posted Dinkum Chili recipe. Now some of the ingredients are exotic for Americans and the sort. I know. If you really want to try a version of it here is Can't find all the ingredients so you don't have to chase down the local emu.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb bacon, packaged
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 medium onions, coarsely chopped
- 1 celery, coarse chopped
- 1 bell pepper
- 2 lbs top beef sirloin, 1-inch cubes
- 1 lb ground beef, hamburger grind
- 1 lb ground pork, hamburger grind
- 4 tablespoons red chili peppers, hot, ground
- 3 tablespoons red chili peppers, mild, ground
- 2 medium garlic cloves, fine chop
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano, pref. Mexican
- 1 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 24 ounces beer, pref. Aus
- 14 1/2 ounces tomatoes, whole
- 1Missing ingredient because again it traumatizes the computer:.
- 21 Boomerang(opt but authentic).
- 3Fry the bacon in a skillet over medium heat. Drain the strips on paper toweling and cut into 1/2" dice and reserve.
- 4Heat the oil in a large heavy pot over medium heat. Add the onions, celery, and green pepper and cook until the onions are translucent.
- 5combine all the beef and pork with the ground chile, garlic, oregano, and cumin. Add this meat-and-spice mixture to the pot. Break up any lumps with a fork and cook, stirring occasionally, until the meat is evenly browned.
- 6Add the beer, tomatoes, and reserved bacon to the pot. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer, uncovered, for 1 1/2 hours.
- 7Wave a boomerang over the pot 14 times each hour from this point on.(This is definitely optional adding no noticeable flavor, just a touch of authenticity and humor.).
- 8Stir for 3 minutes. Taste, adjust seasonings, and add more beer if desired. Simmer for 2 1/2 hours longer.
- 9Add the brown sugar and simmer for 15 minutes longer, vigorously waving the boomerang over the pot.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Can't Find All Ingredients Dinkum Chili
Serving Size: 1 (456 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 777.4
- Calories from Fat 496
- Total Fat 55.1 g
- Saturated Fat 19.7 g
- Cholesterol 187.1 mg
- Sodium 388.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 51.5 g