Prep 1 hr
Cook 35 mins
This is a recipe that I "cooked" up by combining my favorites. Light but delicious!!!
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef, browned
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1 (24 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce (low fat)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 (14 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 small onion, minced
- 6 large fresh mushrooms, chopped fine
- 1 egg
- 1 (16 ounce) container low-fat ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 9 lasagna noodles (mulitgrain)
- 2 cups lowfat mozzarella cheese, shredded and divided
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Brown meat with garlic, oregano, basil, and parsley.in large skillet. Stir in spaghetti sauce, paste, crushed tomatoes, mushrooms, and onions. Simmer 5 min., stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
- Mix egg, ricotta cheese, and Parmesan together. Spread 1 cup of spaghetti sauce mixture on bottom of greased 13x9-inch baking dish. Top with layer of 3-4 noodles, then layer of 1 cup of the ricotta cheese mixture, then layer of 1/2 cup of the mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers but end with a layer of lasagna noodles, and then spaghetti sauce mixture on top. Cover with foil.
- Bake 30 minute or until heated through. Uncover and top with remaining 1 cup of mozzarella cheese. Bake, uncovered, an additional 5 minute or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 5 minute before serving.