Recipe by Rollin in the Dough!
Vegetables are a must on a diet. I suggest carrot cake, zucchini bread, and pumpkin pie. --Jim Davis :) I know there are a billion carrot cake recipes on Zaar, but I searched many,many pages to find this exact recipe and it was nonexistant. I wouldn't change one thing about this recipe, my mom has made it for years. It is so moist and packed with flavor, I haven't tried a carrot cake yet to beat it in my humble opinion!
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs, large
- 1 1⁄2 cups vegetable oil
- 3 cups carrots, grated raw
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, well drained
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 320 degrees.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl, stir and set aside.
- In a large bowl beat eggs, add oil and sugar; mix well.
- Add raw carrots and drained pineapple.
- Slowly add dry ingredients and mix until combined, stir in nuts.
- Lightly grease a 9x13" pan and bake for about 55 minutes or until set and toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool completely.
- Meanwhile, beat softened cream cheese, add butter or margerine and beat until smooth.
- Add powdered sugar, beat, add vanilla, beat until smooth then add lemon juice and beat until smooth.
- Frost cool cake ( you may not need to use all the frosting) and store in refrigerator, it is best on the second day and we love it cold!