Recipe by KateL
Entered for safe-keeping. From Woman's World, 6/01/09. Sneak in some nutritious beets and yogurt... they'll never know!
- 1 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 1 cup powdered milk
- 1 cup I Can't Believe It's Not Butter® Spread
- 1 cup white chocolate chips, melted, cooled
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 18 1⁄4 ounces devil's food cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 15 ounces beets, sliced and pureed with liquid from jar
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 1⁄2 cup 60% cocoa chocolate chips, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- PREPARE FROSTING:.
- Drain yogurt in paper-towel-lined strainer over bowl at least 8 hours (to make yogurt cheese); discard liquid.
- Mix yogurt with milk powder.
- On medium speed, beat spread with melted chips until smooth.
- Gradually beat in sugar.
- Beat in yogurt mixture until fluffy; refrigerate frosting 2 hours.
- PREPARE CAKE:.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Coast 2 8-inch cake pans with cooking spray.
- On medium speed, beat next 4 ingredients until blended.
- On medium-high, beat until fluffy.
- Divide between the 2 cake pans; sprinkle with chopped chips.
- Bake 25 minutes or until pick inserted into centers come out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes in pans.
- Remove to racks; cool completely.
- ASSEMBLE AND FROST CAKE:.
- Place one layer on plate, chip side up.
- Spread with 3/4 cup frosting; top with remaining layer, chip side down.
- Frost cake with remaining frosting. Garnish as desired.
- Refrigerate cake.