Recipe by Rachael Bregman
A riff on the classic Italian dessert-sugar cookie crust with rich cannoli filling and chocolate chips-truly divine
- 1 (9 ounce) package sugar cookie mix
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 (12 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 5 eggs
- 1 egg
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 18 ounces evaporated milk
- 7 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease bottom of 8x8 square pan.
- Prepare torte bottom:.
- Mix together sugar cookie mix, oil and 1 egg.
- Press into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Cover with chocolate chips.
- Prepare filling:.
- In a blender, mix eggs for 2 minutes. Add cream cheese, evaporated milk and condensed milk; blend to obtain a creamy custard.
- Pour egg mixture into a large bowl and add remaining sugar, half and half and vanilla. Mix with a wooden spoon until well incorporated and pour over torte bottom.
- the pan in a large pan containing 1/2 inch of warm water and bake for about 1 hour. Cooking time may vary depending on the oven. Custard should have a light golden color when done.