Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
I found this recipe on Cooks.com while trying to find one to make Queenkungfu's Cannoli Cannoli. If you do not have a cannoli form a dowel can be used instead. Shells can be made 1-2 days ahead and covered and stored at room temperature. DO NOT fill cannoli until approximately 1 hour prior to serving as they go stale easily. Servings and prep time are questimates until I make these...I will revise at that time.
- 414.03 ml flour, unsifted
- 2.46 ml salt
- 29.58 ml granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 29.58 ml butter, firm and cut into small pieces
- 59.14 ml marsala
- 1 egg white, slightly beaten
- Sift Flour with salt and granulated sugar. Make a well in the center. In it place egg and butter. Stir with a fork, working from the center out, to moisten flour mixture. Add wine, tablespoon at a time, until dough begins to cling together. Use your hands to form dough into a ball. Cover and let stand for 15 minutes.
- Roll dough out onto floured board about 1/4 inch. Cut into 3 1/2 inch circles. Roll with rolling pin into ovals. Wrap around cannoli forms (or dowels). Seal edge with egg white. Turn out ends of dough to flair slightly. Fry two to three at a time in deep hot fat for about 1 minute or until lightly golden. Remove with tongs to paper towels to drain; let cool about 5 seconds; then slip out cannoli form, holding shell carefully. Cool shells before filling.