Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
An easy and yummy dessert. This is an baked adaptation of Cannoli Pie. The idea of frozen cannoli didn't appeal to me, so I tried this instead for more of a "cheesecakey" texture. You could add slivered almonds and maraschino cherries if you like, but we prefer it without.
- 4 egg whites
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup mini chocolate chip
- 1 graham cracker pie crust or 1 Oreo cookie pie crust
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In an electric mixer with whisk attachment, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Fold in powdered sugar, ricotta, and chocolate chips until combined.
- Spoon into crust.
- Bake until top is golden brown and filling is set, about 40-45 minutes.
- Cool and refridgerate until ready to serve.