Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
What an easy and delicious pie! Much easier than stuffing cannolis.
- 1 lb ricotta cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) jar maraschino cherries, well drained
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup mini chocolate chip
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds (optional)
- 1 -9 inch unbaked pie shell
- Mix ricotta cheese, flour, eggs and sugar in mixer until smooth. Fold in cherries and chocolate chips.
- Pour into unbaked pie shell. Sprinkle pie with slivered almonds and cinnamon. Bake at 350°F for 50 to 60 minutes.
- Chill before serving. Makes 6-8 servings.
We were all excited about this pie, but it just didn't live up to it's name. Waaaaay to many chocolate chips. The dominant taste was chocolate, yet even with that my DH and DD said it wasn't very good. Too dry and missing the cannoli taste. Good idea, but just didn't work for us. Thanks anyway Maria. Made for My-3-Chefs.