Prep 3 hrs
Cook 0 mins
This divine parfait can double as breakfast or dessert
- 1 lb strawberry, hulled and sliced
- 3 tablespoons Amaretto or 3 tablespoons orange liqueur
- 2⁄3 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted pistachios, chopped
- 24 amaretti cookies, crushed
- miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- In a medium bowl, combine the strawberries and amaretto. Cover and refrigerate at least 3 hours or overnight.
- In a large bowl, whip the cream with the confectioners' sugar until soft peaks form (tips curl). In a medium bowl, stir half of the whipped cream into the ricotta to lighten it. Gently fold in the remaining whipped cream and cinnamon. Fold the pistachios into cream mixture.
- Place a layer of crushed amaretti cookies in each of 4 parfait glasses. Top each with a layer of strawberry slices and then cannoli cream. Repeat layering. If desired, top with miniature chocolate chips.
Dessert for pizza nite... Based on what I had on hand, I used frozen sliced strawberries, and candied sliced almonds in lieu of pistachios. Very flavorful without being exceptionally sweet...