Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Ricotta lovers unite!!! Funny how most folks either love it or hate. Kind of like cilantro ;-) This was originally a recipe off a carton of ricotta cheese that I tweaked to lower the fat content as much as I could. This is incredibly decadent & so easy to make. Time to make includes freezing time.
- Place ricotta in blender or food processor container & blend till smooth.
- Add the condensed milk, half & half & cinnamon & blend till combined.
- In a 2 quart metal bowl, whip the cream till soft peaks form. Add ricotta/milk mixture, almonds & chocolate. Fold gently till combined.
- Cover bowl & place in freezer for 2 hours or until edges start to harden. Stir & put back in the freezer for another 2 hours or until firm.
- To serve, let stand at room temp till soft enough to scoop.
This was kind of heavy so I almost felt like it'd be a better fall dessert rather than for summer. Also, my chocolate chips floated to the bottom :( I'll have to chop them up next time! Otherwise very tasty, although not really an ice cream texture.
I gotta try this one-I have a "ice cream freezer" (no salt,ice or electricity needed)from Wilton-ya just add your ice cream mix and crank for a bit-Anyhow-It has a slot to add in "yummy things"-I would add crushed cannoli shells-or when serving add crushed pieces on top. Guess I know what we'll be making this weekend-will let you know how it comes out!!!