Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 mins
This recipe is from Pepperidge Farms. Mmmmmm I just love puff pastry!
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon finely grated orange peel (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup semisweet mini chocolate chips or 1⁄4 cup finely chopped pecans
- Thaw the pastry at room temperature for 40 minutes or until it’s easy to handle. Spray 12 (2 1/2-inch) muffin pan cups with cooking spray. Heat the oven to 375°F.
- Unfold the pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface. Roll the sheet into a 12 x 9-inch rectangle. Cut into 12 (3-inch) squares. Press squares into the prepared muffin pan cups. Brush the top edges of pastry with the egg and prick the bottom of the pastry cups with a fork.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until golden. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Using a small knife, cut a small slit in the puffed center and gently push down. Remove pastry cups from pan and cool completely.
- Place the ricotta cheese, sugar, vanilla, 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon and orange peel, if desired, in a medium bowl. Beat with a whisk until smooth. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Pipe or spoon a heaping tablespoon of the ricotta mixture into each pastry cup. Sprinkle with the chocolate, nuts or additional cinnamon, if desired. Serve immediately. Makes 12 desserts.
- TIP: Time Saving Tip: The ricotta filling mixture can be made 1 day ahead.