Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A medley of classic deliciousness served in a cup adult style! :) If you don't have any brandy, plain old dried cherries will do. Also you can sub the amaretto liqueur for almond extract and if you cannot find candied pistachios, unsalted will do. Seasonal fresh fruit like figs would be nummy too!
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 pint part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon amaretto liqueur
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup candied pistachios, chopped
- 1⁄3 toasted almond, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup brandy-soaked dried cherries (soak over night)
- 1⁄2 cup semisweet mini chocolate chips
- 4 -6 cannoli shells, crushed (or 6-8 amaretto cookies)
- Start out by crushing your shells or cookies in a large Ziploc baggie. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir ricotta cheese with sugar until combined. Mix in amaretto liqueur and cinnamon.
- In a small bowl, combine pistachios, almonds, cherries (drained of all liquid), and mini chips.
- In a clear glass, sprinkle a bit of the shell crumbles in the bottom, spoon cannoli filling on top about 1/2 inches, sprinkle about 2 tbsp of nut mixture and repeat with another layer of of each alternating until the cup is full.