the mix'n vix'n's Note:
A medley of classic deliciousness served in a cup adult style! :) If you don't have any brandy, plain old dried cherries will do. Also you can sub the amaretto liqueur for almond extract and if you cannot find candied pistachios, unsalted will do. Seasonal fresh fruit like figs would be nummy too!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 pint part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon amaretto liqueur
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup candied pistachios, chopped
- 1/3 toasted almond, sliced
- 1/2 cup brandy-soaked dried cherries (soak over night)
- 1/2 cup semisweet mini chocolate chips
- 4 -6 cannoli shells, crushed (or 6-8 amaretto cookies)
- 1Start out by crushing your shells or cookies in a large Ziploc baggie. Set aside.
- 2In a large bowl, stir ricotta cheese with sugar until combined. Mix in amaretto liqueur and cinnamon.
- 3In a small bowl, combine pistachios, almonds, cherries (drained of all liquid), and mini chips.
- 4In a clear glass, sprinkle a bit of the shell crumbles in the bottom, spoon cannoli filling on top about 1/2 inches, sprinkle about 2 tbsp of nut mixture and repeat with another layer of of each alternating until the cup is full.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cannoli Cream With Chocolate, Cherry & Pistachio Parfait
Serving Size: 1 (126 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 318.3
- Calories from Fat 139
- Total Fat 15.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.1 g
- Cholesterol 25.2 mg
- Sodium 103.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 28.4 g
- Protein 11.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: