Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs 10 mins
In' Luscious Creamy Desserts' by Lori Longbottom
Make and share this Cannoli Cheesecake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped pistachio nut
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 8 large eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon finely grated orange zest
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 lbs whole milk ricotta cheese
- Position oven rack in the middle of the oven; preheat oven to 350°.
- Butter and flour a 9-inch springform pan; wrap the outside with heavy-duty foil.
- Have ready a roasting pan; put on a kettle of water to boil for the water bath.
- Toss the chocolate chips, raisins, and pistachios with the flour in a bowl.
- With an electric mixer on med-low speed, beat the eggs, sugar, vanilla, lemon zest, orange zest, and salt in a large deep bowl just until well combined.
- Add in the ricotta and beat, scraping down the sides of the bowl as necessary, until smooth.
- Stir in the flour mixture with a wooden spoon until well combined.
- Transfer the batter to the springform pan; place the springform pan in the roasting pan and place in the oven.
- Carefully pour enough boiling water to come to a depth of about 1 inch into the roasting pan.
- Bake for 1 hour and 30-40 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and a knife inserted 2 inches from the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Turn off the oven and prop the door slightly open with a wooden spoon; let the cake sit for 30 minutes in the turned-off oven.
- Remove the cake from the water bath and remove the foil.
- Cool completely on a wire rack; chill the cheesecake, loosely covered, for at least 12 hours, until thoroughly chilled and set, or for up to 2 days.
- To serve, run a table knife around the edge of the pan and remove the pan side.
- Let the cheesecake stand at room temperature for 20 minutes.
- Serve, cut into thin wedges with a sharp knife dipped into hot water and wiped dry after each cut.