1 hr 20 mins
The airy ricotta filling—with chocolate chips and flecks of candied orange peel speckled throughout—makes for a perfect marriage of Italian and American. From the Gourmet magazine January 2009 issue.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 big graham crackers, crumbled
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1Make crust:
- 2Preheat oven to 350°F with rack in middle. Invert bottom of springform pan (to make it easier to slide cake off bottom) and lock on side.
- 3Pulse graham crackers, almonds, and sugar in a food processor until finely ground, then transfer to a bowl. Stir in butter until combined.
- 4Press crumb mixture evenly onto bottom and 1/2 inch up side of pan.
- 5Bake crust 8 minutes. Cool to room temperature (still in pan), about 15 minutes. Leave oven on.
- 6Make cheesecake:
- 7Stir together ricotta, granulated sugar, zest, and egg yolk in a large bowl until combined, then stir in candied orange peel and chocolate chips.
- 8Beat egg whites (all 5) and a pinch of salt in another bowl with an electric mixer until they hold soft peaks. Fold into ricotta mixture gently but thoroughly.
- 9Pour filling into crust and bake until top is puffed and golden, about 55 minutes to 1 hour.
- 10Cool in pan 15 minutes. Run a thin knife around edge to loosen cake, then remove side of pan. Cool to room temperature, about 1 hour. Dust with confectioners sugar.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cannoli Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (76 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 197.9
- Calories from Fat 110
- Total Fat 12.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.5 g
- Cholesterol 46.0 mg
- Sodium 83.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 12.0 g
- Protein 6.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
candied orange peel