Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I haven't tried this yet. Putting it here for safekeeping.
- 4 cups ricotta cheese
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1⁄4 cup chocolate chips
- 10 cherries (halved)
- 1 1⁄4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pistachio nut
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Melt the margarine for the crust and mix with the rest of the crust ingredients. Press into a 9 x 12-inch greased baking pan. With a hand mixer, beat on high the 2 egg whites and 1/2 cup sugar until foamy.
- Add 4 cups ricotta and beat until smooth. Beat on low the 1/4 tsp lemon extract and 1/4 tsp vanilla. Fold in the 1/2 cup chocolate chips with a spoon.
- Place alternately the 1/4 cups chocolate chips and 10 halved cherries as a decoration on top.
- Put the filling over the crust and bake 30 minutes in a 350°F oven.