Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a fabulous cake that I came up with for my husband's birthday one year. It is moist, and delicious!
- 1 (18 ounce) package white cake mix
- 3⁄4 cup whole milk
- 1⁄4 cup light cream
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
filling and frosting
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 16 ounces Cool Whip, thawed
- Add all ingredients together and (with Kitchenaid) mix on low for 1 minute. Scrape sides down. Increase the speed to medium high and mix for another 4 minutes. Should look well combined and fluffy.
- Grease & flour 2-9inch round pans and divide batter evenly into each.
- Bake until they look lightly golden and sprin back with touch of finger, about 25-29 minutes (at the temperature of the cake mix says).
- Remove from oven and place on wire racks to cool for 10 minutes.
- Run a knife around the edges, invert onto rack and then invert again so the cakes are right side up.
- Allow to cool completely. I cover loosely with foil when they were cooled.
- For Filling and Icing: Cream the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Add cool whip and beat again until smooth and fluffy.
- Divide in half and add mini chocolate chips (as many as you like) to half (for the filling). Use the half without choc. chips for the frosting.
I made this cake this weekend and it was WONDERFUL!!!! The family loved it, my husband who does not like sweets enjoyed and wants to know when I am going to make this again! I followed the recipe exactly....and YUM! Thanks for sharing!