1/2 Photos of Cannoli
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1SHELLS: Combine flour, salt and sugar in a medium bowl.
- 2Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- 3Stir in beaten egg.
- 4Gradually stir in wine, mixing well.
- 5Shape dough into a ball, cover and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- 6Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and roll to 1/16-inch thickness.
- 7Cut into 3 1/2-inch circles, and roll circles into 5-inch ovals.
- 8Place a cannoli form, lengthwise, down the center of each oval and roll dough around form.
- 9Moisten seam with water to seal.
- 10Pour oil to a depth of 3 inches into a Dutch oven and heat to 350°F.
- 11Fry cannoli shells one minutes, or until golden brown.
- 12Drain on paper towels and cool about 5 seconds.
- 13Remove the form and cool cannoli shells completely.
- 14FILLING: Thoroughly drain ricotta in a strainer, discarding the liquid.
- 15Put ricotta in a processor and process until smooth.
- 16Combine ricotta, mascarpone, powdered sugar and Amaretto, if using, in a medium bowl and beat at medium speed of electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- 17Fold in two grated squares of chocolate. Place in the refrigerator and chill 4 hours.
- 18Pipe, or spoon. filling into shells.
- 19Sprinkle shells with remaining powdered sugar and exposed filling with remaining chocolate.
- 20NOTES : A substitute for mascarpone cheese may be mad by combining 16 ounces cream cheese, 1/3 cup sour cream and 1/4 cup whipping cream.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cannoli
Serving Size: 1 (78 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 268.5
- Calories from Fat 132
- Total Fat 14.7 g
- Saturated Fat 9.0 g
- Cholesterol 46.2 mg
- Sodium 117.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 11.0 g
- Protein 6.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: