Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is the family recipe! To make this recipe, you must first procure the shells (good luck if you are in the south). Sometimes Italian stores have them.
- 3 cups good quality ricotta cheese
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄2 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar
- prepared cannoli shells
- Whip ricotta with electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add sugar and mix until dissolved.
- Add extracts.
- Fill shells with a pastry bag or ziplock bag with a hole cut out of a corner.
- Dip ends in chips.
- Dust with confectioners' sugar and serve on a doily.