Recipe by Queenkungfu
This is the family recipe! To make this recipe, you must first procure the shells (good luck if you are in the south). Sometimes Italian stores have them.
- 3 cups good quality ricotta cheese
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄2 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar
- prepared cannoli shells
Directions See How It's Made
- Whip ricotta with electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add sugar and mix until dissolved.
- Add extracts.
- Fill shells with a pastry bag or ziplock bag with a hole cut out of a corner.
- Dip ends in chips.
- Dust with confectioners' sugar and serve on a doily.