1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Directions for canning pumpkin.
My Private Note
- 1Pumpkin or Winter Squash in a Pressure Canner (Allow 1-1/2 to 3 pounds for each quart): Wash pumpkin or winter squash; remove seeds.
- 2Peel and cube.
- 3Barely cover with water; bring to a boil.
- 4Pack hot; add salt (1/2 tsp for each quart or 1/4 tsp for each pint).
- 5Cover pumpkin or winter squash with boiling water, leaving 1/2-inch headspace.
- 6Adjust lids; process.
- 7Pressure canner, minutes at 10 lbs (pints): 55 minutes.
- 8Pressure canner, minutes at 10 lbs (quarts): 90 minutes.
- 9Note that pumpkin must be canned this way, in a pressure canner; it will spoil if canned using the boiling water bath method due to the lack of acid.
Browse Our Top Very Low Carbs Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Very Low Carbs Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Canning Pumpkin
Serving Size: 1 (0 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 0.0
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.0 g