1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Directions for canning pumpkin.
My Private Note
- 1Pumpkin or Winter Squash in a Pressure Canner (Allow 1-1/2 to 3 pounds for each quart): Wash pumpkin or winter squash; remove seeds.
- 2Peel and cube.
- 3Barely cover with water; bring to a boil.
- 4Pack hot; add salt (1/2 tsp for each quart or 1/4 tsp for each pint).
- 5Cover pumpkin or winter squash with boiling water, leaving 1/2-inch headspace.
- 6Adjust lids; process.
- 7Pressure canner, minutes at 10 lbs (pints): 55 minutes.
- 8Pressure canner, minutes at 10 lbs (quarts): 90 minutes.
- 9Note that pumpkin must be canned this way, in a pressure canner; it will spoil if canned using the boiling water bath method due to the lack of acid.
Browse Our Top Very Low Carbs Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Canning Pumpkin
Serving Size: 1 (0 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 0.0
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.0 g