Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Directions for canning pumpkin.
- Pumpkin or Winter Squash in a Pressure Canner (Allow 1-1/2 to 3 pounds for each quart): Wash pumpkin or winter squash; remove seeds.
- Peel and cube.
- Barely cover with water; bring to a boil.
- Pack hot; add salt (1/2 tsp for each quart or 1/4 tsp for each pint).
- Cover pumpkin or winter squash with boiling water, leaving 1/2-inch headspace.
- Adjust lids; process.
- Pressure canner, minutes at 10 lbs (pints): 55 minutes.
- Pressure canner, minutes at 10 lbs (quarts): 90 minutes.
- Note that pumpkin must be canned this way, in a pressure canner; it will spoil if canned using the boiling water bath method due to the lack of acid.