Prep 25 mins
Cook 5 mins
this is a recipe given to me by some neighbors 30 years ago an i still make it it is simple an good an always a hit at picnics
- Use gloves when handling hot peppers.
- Sterilize four quart jars, lids and rings in boiling water.
- Taking one jar at a time, place as many peppers as you can into the jar.
- Mix the vinegar, salt and water together until dissolved in a sauce pan . Bring just up to a boil but do not boil and pour over peppers.
- Run a spatula or butter knife around the edges of the jars and press peppers to get all the air bubbles out.
- Wipe the rims of the jars with a clean cloth, place lids and screw bands on fingertip tight.
- Place in boiling water bath five minutes (no more or they will be soggy).
- After 5 minutes take out and set jars on a cloth-protected counter to cool (the lids will make a snapping sound).
- The ones that do not snap after the jars are cooled, store in fridge as you cannot put in water bather the second time.
These are so addictive. I am planning on canning some up for my friend for her birthday this year.