Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a great way to have peppers in the winter for any event. I usually break these out in the fall and the winter, just to remind me that spring is not to far away. For us that still can, if you have a large crop of these peppers, you will crave these!
- Preheat oven to 175°F.
- Put the jars in the oven until you are ready to fill them, this will insure that the jars will not break when adding the hot brine.
- Wash peppers and tomatillo, cut off the tops, slice down the middle and remove the vein and seeds.Cut the tomatillo in quarters, set aside.
- Chop the garlic in chunks and add 1 clove per jar chopped!
- Slice the jalapeno in chunks also so that you have 1 pepper per jar (keep the seeds for next years crop!).
- Pack the jars with the banana peppers, jalapenos and garlic. Add all other ingredients in a pot and simmer until the sugar is dissolved, about 10 minutes.
- Pour the hot liquid into the quart jars and seal.
- Do not put into a HOT WATER BATH, these will seal with the hot liquid.