Recipe by cynthia mcelwain
i got this off of another website an it is the best to eat gift giving conversation piece
- 2⁄3 cup Crisco
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups pumpkin
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup flour (i prefer unbleached )
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- pumpkin spice
- 1 teaspoon salt (i perfer sea salt )
- 2⁄3 cup nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- sterilize wide mouth pints while in boing water cream shorting an sugar an beat in eggs pumpkin an water .
- sift flour baking powder soda an spices an mix all together.
- now pre heat oven to 325.
- take 7 or 8 wide mouth pints an grease with crisco.
- FILL ONLY HALF FULL! maby a smuge less bake for 45 minutes.
- REMOVE ONE AT A TIME WIPE EDGES A THEN PLACE LID AN RINGS ON SCREW TIGHT the heat will seal the jars.
- bread will keep for one year does not last that long in my home come holidays GONE also you can add other fruits instead of pumpkin.