Recipe by Tebo
A filling and satisfying meal. The nuts and cheeses go well together. Try this with the new oven ready cannelloni noodles cooking it according to package directions. Probably a lot easier and quicker.
- 3⁄4 lb whole wheat cannelloni
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 2⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 cup breadcrumbs, whole wheat preferably
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups skim milk
- 1⁄3 cup gruyere cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook noodles 10 minutes until tender but firm.
- Mix onions, walnuts, cottage cheese, Parmesan and breadcrumbs thoroughly in a bowl Make a roux with butter and flour and add milk and Gruyere stirring constantly Spoon filling into noodle and arrange in a greased 13" X 9" dish.
- Pour sauce over the noodles.
- Bake in preheated 350 oven for 15 minutes.