Recipe by Timothy H.
Stuffed pasta, of any variety, is adored in Italy and it is served on special occasions and on ordinary Sundays. Stuffed pasta includes ravioli, tortellini, lasagna, cannelloni, manicotti, etc. The cannelloni with beef.
- 1 white onion, finely chopped
- 44.37 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 egg
- 236.59 ml of grated grana padana cheese
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 118.29 ml parsley, finely chopped
- 4.92 ml dried oregano
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 453.59-907.18 g ground beef (if possible grind it fresh at home or have your butcher do so)
- 1 package of dry cannelloni tubes
- 78.07 ml fresh breadcrumb
- 59.14 ml dry white wine
Directions See How It's Made
- Add garlic and onion to a large pan and cook until soft over a medium heat. Add the ground beef and cook about 3/4 of the way through. Remove the mixture and let cool.
- In a large bowl mix the ground beef mixture, bread crumbs, parsley, oregano and salt and pepper. Add grated cheese, white wine and egg. Mix well by hand and let sit for 10-15 minutes.
- Heat your oven to 350°F Fill the dry cannelloni shells with the ground beef mixture pushing, using the end of a wooden spoon to push the mixture through. Create a base layer of tomato sauce in your oven proof dish and create a single layer of cannelloni. Spoon more tomato sauce over the cannelloni, ensuring they are well covered (the sauce will do the cooking) Sprinkle the cannelloni with grated Grana Padana cheese . Cover with foil and bake in a preheated oven at 350 ?F for 25-30 minutes. Remove and let sit for 10 minutes prior to serving.