Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Adapted from a recipe on the back of a pasta box. I made this tonight for dinner and it was really excellant- just like from a restaurant!
- 475 g ricotta cheese
- 150 g frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained (about half a package)
- 1 egg
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried basil or 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 20 oven ready cannelloni tubes
- 1 (680 ml) can pasta sauce
- Combine ricotta, spinach, egg, 1/2 the parmesan and seasonings; mix well.
- Fill cannelloni tubes with this mixture.
- Spread 1/2 the pasta sauce in a baking pan and arrange stuffed cannelloni in single layer over it Cover the cannelloni with the remaining sauce, making sure to cover all pasta Sprinkle with remaining parmesan.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 for about 45 minutes.
The best cannelloni I have ever eaten.
Absolutely fantastic cannelloni! My only suggestion would be to double the recipe, I would serve about 5 or 6 cannelloni per person, they are so delicious. Rich, creamy and cheesy!
My family loved it! I adjusted it a little by adding a small can of Romano beans (rinsed/drained) to the filling and put mozzarella on top with the Parmesan, then turned on the broiler for the last couple of minutes to crisp it up. Will become one of our regular dishes. Thanks!