I whipped these up when I wanted a change from my regular lentil burgers, they'd be nice to veganize but I find I really need the egg whites to bind them. Lately I've been like a kid fascinated with a new toy with my new food processor!!! That sucker's got a powerful blade which is perfect for those fork-resistant beans and I'm using more real garlic and herbs now. Prep time includes the chill time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup chopped onion (I use the frozen kind thawed out, this'd be one small onion)
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped (or 1 tsp dried parsley)
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds (not tahini)
- 2 egg whites (or 1 whole egg)
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs (I use whole-wheat)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 1Rinse and drain the can of white kidney beans, or if you prefer to use dried beans, cook 2/3 dry cup of them ahead of time. Use 1 whole egg, or separate two eggs, discarding the yolks.
- 2Put everything on the list into your food processor and chop until you reach the desired consistency-- a total puree, or a rougher chop that still has some whole pieces of beans in there.
- 3Scoop the mixture into a bowl and refridgerate for 20-30 minutes, it's okay if it stays in longer.
- 4Form patties with your hands, you'll get 4 large ones or 6 smaller ones (which I prefer because I eat them on English muffins.).
- 5Heat some olive oil on a frying pan, adding more as needed (mine tends to evaporate after a few minutes) to cook each patty for about 6-7 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- 6Serve on your favorite buns/breads with the fixings you like. I particularly like these with ketchup or marinara sauce.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cannellini (White Bean) Veggie Burgers
Serving Size: 1 (164 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 186.4
- Calories from Fat 27
- Total Fat 3.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 352.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.9 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 11.9 g