Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
My Nee had this recipe for years and no one ever tried it. I'm not sure why because I've just made it and it is outstanding. It can be doubled or tripled easily to feed a crowd.
- 3 (15 ounce) cans cannellini, drained and rinsed
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 purple onion, chopped (medium sized)
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon tony chachere's creole seasoning (or seasoned salt)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- Mix beans, onion and peppers in a large bowl.
- Whisk all ingredients together and pour over bean mixture.
- Toss gently.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
Sherrybeth, you're right, it is outstanding. Very colorful and healthy side dish. Thanks for posting.