A nice vegetarian recipe, that is good for everyone. Try it it's good. Serve over cooked rice, pasta or couscous. Courtesy of VegWeb.com - 8/05/05.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 226.79 g white mushroom, chopped
- 59.16 ml flour
- 354.88 ml vegetable broth, warmed
- 425.24 g can cannellini, beans
- 29.58-44.37 ml fresh lemon juice (to taste)
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- red pepper flakes, to taste
- chopped fresh parsley, garnish
- 1Saute onion, mushrooms and garlic over medium heat in oil until onion softens.
- 2Add flour and stir until the flour starts to lightly brown.
- 3Slowly add the warmed broth to the flour mixture, stirring to prevent any lumps.
- 4When mixture thickens add beans.
- 5Add lemon juice, salt, black pepper & pepper flakes.
- 6Cook until thickened and bubbly.
- 7Serve over hot rice, noodles or couscous; garnish with parsley.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cannellini Piccata
Serving Size: 1 (419 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 463.1
- Calories from Fat 132
- Total Fat 14.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 18.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.4 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 21.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: