Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A nice vegetarian recipe, that is good for everyone. Try it it's good. Serve over cooked rice, pasta or couscous. Courtesy of VegWeb.com - 8/05/05.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 lb white mushroom, chopped
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups vegetable broth, warmed
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini, beans
- 2 -3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (to taste)
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- red pepper flakes, to taste
- chopped fresh parsley, garnish
- Saute onion, mushrooms and garlic over medium heat in oil until onion softens.
- Add flour and stir until the flour starts to lightly brown.
- Slowly add the warmed broth to the flour mixture, stirring to prevent any lumps.
- When mixture thickens add beans.
- Add lemon juice, salt, black pepper & pepper flakes.
- Cook until thickened and bubbly.
- Serve over hot rice, noodles or couscous; garnish with parsley.