Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Light enough to serve year round. Serve soup and sandwich for a satisfying meal. A good use of leftover turkey or chicken.
- 1 (19 ounce) canlarge cannellini beans
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) canschicken broth with 1/3 less salt
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh cilantro (can sub parsley)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 cups diced cooked turkey breast (1 1/4 pounds) or 2 cups diced chicken breasts
- 1 cup shredded colby-monterey jack cheese
- tortilla chips
- In large kettle or Dutch oven, combine first 9 ingredients. Bring to boiling over medium heat; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, about 15 - 20 minutes.
- Serve topped with shredded cheese and tortilla chips.