Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Found this recipe in a coupon insert in the newspaper. It is from the kitchen of Bush's Best Beans. I have not made this recipe yet, but when I do, I think I will use a 10 oz. box of frozen chopped spinach that I will thaw and squeeze dry because I am not a big fan of canned spinach. With the chill of Autumn and Winter coming, this soup sounds like it will be really tasty. Would probably be nice served with corn bread.
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) canchopped spinach, drained
- 3 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 (15 ounce) candrained bush best cannellini beans
- 1 (15 ounce) candrained bush best red kidney beans
- 1 (15 ounce) candrained bush best dark red kidney beans
- 1⁄2 cup sun-dried tomato, cut in thin strips
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
- salt, to taste
- shredded parmesan cheese, for garnish
- Brown bacon over high heat in large stockpot, about 8 minutes.
- Add garlic and onion, saute 6 minutes.
- Add spinach, saute 2 minutes.
- Add beans and all remaining ingredients.
- Simmer 10 minutes.
- Garnish and serve.
I made this with 5 ounces fresh spinach in place of the canned spinach. Add it after the onions and garlic are done. I also used sun dried tomatoes with italian herbs. The bushes beans website says to add the parmesan after cooking and also listed french fried onions as a topping. I didn't use the french fried onion.
Most excellent. Whole family enjoyed. I will make this again. Thank you so much. Jim