Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Light and Tasty Magazine
- 1⁄2 lb fully cooked smoked reduced-fat sausage, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄3 cup white wine or 1⁄3 cup chicken broth
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (19 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 cups coleslaw mix
- In large pan, cook sausage in oil for 2 minutes.
- Add green pepper, onion and garlic.
- Cook and stir 2-3 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in the 1/3 c wine or broth.
- Cook 3 minutes longer.
- Stir in broth, italian seasoning and pepper.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer 15 minutes.
- Stir in beans and coleslaw mix.
- Return to boil.
- Reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer until beans are heated through and cabbage is tender.
- Cover and simmer until.