Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
A tasty low-fat side or main dish flavored with a hint of Rosemary.
Make and share this Cannellini Beans With Rosemary recipe from Food.com.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (19 ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-sodium vegetable broth
- 1⁄2 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1 teaspoon orange juice
- 1 teaspoon orange peel, grated
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- In a large non-stick skillet over medium heat, warm the oil. Add the green peppers, onion, and garlic, and saute for 4 minutes or until the peppers are soft.
- Add the beans, broth, tomatoes, orange juice, orange peel, and rosemary.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and cook for 10 minutes. Uncover, sprinkle with black pepper, and cook stirring occasionally for about 4 minutes.
This was a healthy side and we love all the ingredients. However, we were not sure whether we cared for the flavor combination of fresh tomatoes and orange - perhaps it's something to get used to. The rosemary flavor was very subtle. I think we'd like this more as a salad, where there was still a bit of crunch to some of the veggies.
How fabulous was this? Absolutely wonderful blend of flavours and healthy! I hope you don't mind Brenda, but I cooked this and then left it go COLD on purpose, as I LOVE cold bean salads of this nature! I then added a few fresh red onions to the final dish. I did not have any green pepper - that was the only ingredient that I did not use. Made for ZWT 4 and VERY much enjoyed, thanks! FT:-)