Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
I use canned beans as a shortcut. If you like you can use the dried and then you need to soak overnight and boil until soft.
- 2 cups canned cannellini beans
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 6 cups chicken stock or 6 cups vegetable stock
- 800 g canned diced tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 150 g baby spinach leaves
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- Heat oil in pan and saute onions until soft.
- Add stock, tomatoes, paprika, allspice and simmer for 15 - 20 minutes.
- Add beans and stir. Heat for 5 minutes.
- Stir in spinach leaves and cook a further 5 minutes until wilted.
- Season and serve.