Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
From our Whole Foods Market. Cooking time does not reflect cooling time.
- 1⁄4 cup organic extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cups cooked white beans, with juice (Cannellini)
- 1 lemon, juice of, to taste
- 1 pinch cayenne
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- olive oil, for drizzling before serving
- toasted pita bread, for serving
- Heat the olive oil in a small saucepan.
- Add the crushed garlic and cook over low heat for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add the red pepper and let the flavors meld for at least 30 minutes.
- Remove the garlic from the oil and pile both garlic and white beans into food processor.
- Process until smooth.
- With the motor running, add the olive oil with the crushed red pepper, lemon juice and cayenne.
- Pulse in the salt and pepper.
- Pack into a crock and allow to sit at room temperature so that the flavors intensify.
- Serve with pita toasts or toasted baguette slices rubbed with garlic.