Recipe by DreamoBway
This is an Emeril recipe that I modified to my tastes. It's really easy and a great side dish if you want to stray from the same old rice or potatoes. I usually cook chicken breasts in the pan first and use the oil/drippings as my starting base.
Top Review by FloridaNative
Loved this recipe - we love bean dishes and this one was a pleasure to prepare and eat! I added the lemon juice at the end, for a nice fresh splash of flavor. Will definitely make this again, it's a keeper - great for a vegetarian dinner with some crusty bread and a salad or as a side dish to pasta. Made for ZWT7 Dinner and a Movie Part II and the HOT PINK LADIES.
- 2 (15 ounce) cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup yellow onion, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 4 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- dry white wine
- parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic, and cook until soft and fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Add beans, lemon juice, salt, pepper, italian seasonings, and a splash of white wine, and cook, stirring until softened and warmed through and liquid has reduced, about 3 minutes.
- Serve warm with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese.