Recipe by Chef Kate
Adapted from The Wine & Food Lover's Diet, this couldn't be simpler. You could start from dried beans and use fresh peas, but it's delicious with beans from th can and peas from the freezer. The cooking time is macerating time.
Top Review by evelyn/athens
OK, so I made this salad eons ago, photographed it, and forgot to review it. It is delicious, with nice, bright, fresh flavours. Also very filling, and can easily be a main course.
- 1⁄2 cup baby peas (if frozen,thawed)
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 cup mint leaf, packed fresh chopped
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄2 yellow bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons oregano, fresh, f inely chopped (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper