Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This came from my South Beach Diet newsletter, Daily Dish. It is perfect for Phase 1 dieters but of course good for anyone. This quick, easy bean salad is great cold or at room temperature, making it a good take-along dish for work or a potluck. Serve it as a side with grilled chicken or fish. You can substitute 2 or 3 tablespoons chopped fresh herbs for dried oregano or try dried basil instead if you wish.I used garbanzo beans since I didn't have cannellini and it is awesome. Enjoy!
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon red onion, minced
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 medium cucumbers, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 red bell pepper, finely diced
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Whisk together oil, vinegar, onion, and oregano in a large mixing bowl. Add cucumbers, beans, and bell pepper; toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper and serve.