Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
from "veggie belly" - http://www.veggiebelly.com/2010/05/white-bean-asparagus-basil-hummus.html
- 6 -8 stalks asparagus
- 15 ounces cannellini beans, washed and drained well
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup basil leaves
- 2 -3 tablespoons lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- Chop off and discard the tough ends of the asparagus stalks. Chop the asparagus into pieces. Boil asparagus in some water, till asparagus is tender. Drain well.
- Place asparagus in a blender with all other ingredients. Puree to desired consistency.
- Serve chilled with vegetable crudites, chips or pita bread.