My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb unpeeled large shrimp
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 cups water
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle clam juice
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 cups chopped onions
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 4 cups cooked cannellini beans
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1Peel and devein shrimp, reserving shells. Cover and chill shrimp.
- 2Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add reserved shrimp shells to pan; sauté 3 minutes or until shells turn pink. Stir in wine; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes or until liquid almost evaporates.
- 3Stir in 2 cups water, clam juice, and bay leaf; simmer 12 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half. Set shrimp stock aside.
- 4Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a large Dutch oven over medium heat. Add onion to pan; cook 8 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
- 5Add tomato paste and garlic; cook 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in thyme, salt, pepper, and tomatoes; bring to a simmer. Strain shrimp stock through a colander over Dutch oven; discard solids.
- 6Add beans to pan; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes; remove from heat. Stir in shrimp; cover and let stand 5 minutes or until shrimp are done. Stir in parsley.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cannellini Bean and Shrimp Stew
Serving Size: 1 (543 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 366.6
- Calories from Fat 45
- Total Fat 5.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 115.2 mg
- Sodium 626.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.0 g
- Sugars 8.2 g
- Protein 28.9 g