Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This quick and delicious soup is one of my DHs favorites. Enjoy!
Make and share this Cannellini and Sausage Soup recipe from Food.com.
- In a medium pot brown sausage.
- Add onion and garlic and cook until softened.
- Add tomatoes and broth and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer about 10 minutes.
- Stir in beans and continue to simmer until warmed through.
- Stir in basil and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with parmesan before serving.
This was great. I made it during my lunch hour and threw it in the crock pot for the afternoon. I used a one pound roll of Bob Evan spicy sausage, so added another can of beans (kidney beans for the 2nd can) and another cup of beef broth. Also used basil that I had frozen from my garden. Delicious.
Really very tasty and simple, which is a winning combination in my recipe book! I doubled all ingredients, but used just 1 lb. of spicy Italian sausage. I was afraid that doubling the original amount would be overpowering. My adaptation worked out just great. I will definitely be making this again come the cooler weather!!
Well, I felt confident just from reading the ingredients that this would be a 4 star soup, but I was wrong: It's a 5 star soup! Wow, is this flavorful and satisfying, not to mention easy to make! I made it exactly as written, using hot Italian sausage. Fresh grated parmesan is the perfect complement. Made for PAC Spring 2008. Thanks, Chef Romie!