Recipe by Chef Romie
This quick and delicious soup is one of my DHs favorites. Enjoy!
Top Review by jane49423
This was great. I made it during my lunch hour and threw it in the crock pot for the afternoon. I used a one pound roll of Bob Evan spicy sausage, so added another can of beans (kidney beans for the 2nd can) and another cup of beef broth. Also used basil that I had frozen from my garden. Delicious.
- 3⁄4 lb bulk sausage
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- salt and pepper
- parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium pot brown sausage.
- Add onion and garlic and cook until softened.
- Add tomatoes and broth and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer about 10 minutes.
- Stir in beans and continue to simmer until warmed through.
- Stir in basil and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with parmesan before serving.