1/1 Photo of Cannellini and Cabbage Soup
1 hr 30 mins
An Dracon's Note:
I have been working on making healthier meals to keep my blood sugar in check. I have been buying canned beans to try and coming up with creative soups for my lunches.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1First: In a large soup pot or dutch kettle, saute the carrots and onions in the olive oil.
- 2Second: When the onions have turned translucent and the carrots have softened, add the sausage.
- 3Third: Once the sausage is cooked through, add the tomato, cabbage, beans, and broth.
- 4Let the soup simmer for 30 minutes.
- 5FYI- This soup is even better served the following day.
- 6A French baguette, Brie cheese and Bosc pears round out the meal for a continental flair.
- 7Or try, Cornbread, Cheddar Cheese and a Gala Apple for a hearty American meal.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cannellini and Cabbage Soup
Serving Size: 1 (399 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 235.6
- Calories from Fat 78
- Total Fat 8.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 962.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.5 g
- Sugars 6.5 g
- Protein 11.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fat-free breakfast sausage