Prep 1 hr
Cook 5 hrs
No fail crockpot bean recipe with loads of flavor.
- 1 lb dried cannellini beans
- 6 cups water
- 2 hot Italian sausages, sliced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 2 large tomatoes (peel and chop)
- 1 bay leaf, crumbled
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme, crumbled
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil, crumbled
- 3 slices orange rind (1in)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon instant beef bouillon
- Pick over beans and rinse. Cover beans with water in a large kettle; bring to boiling; cover; cook 2 minutes; remove from heat; let stand 1 hour. Drain.
- Pour beans into an electric slow cooker.
- Brown sausages in a small skillet; push to one side; sauté onion and garlic in same pan until soft; stir in tomato, bay leaf, thyme, basil, orange strips, salt and pepper and instant beef broth; bring to boiling; stir into beans; cover.
- Cook on low for 10 hours or on high for 5 hours or until beans are tender.