Recipe by swirlycinnacakes
I got this recipe from someone's food blog...I don't remember which one it was, but the recipe is nice.
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 1⁄2 ounces butter
- 3 eggs, plus
- 3 egg yolks
- 10 ounces granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoons rum
- 5 1⁄4 ounces all-purpose flour
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, bring the milk to a simmer, add the butter cut into dices. Mix well and let cool to lukewarm.
- In a bowl, mix the eggs, egg yolks, sugar and vanilla and whisk until foamy. Slowly add the rum and flour. Add the milk slowly and whisk until smooth. Pass it through a sieve if necessary.
- Let the batter rest in the fridge for a couple of hours or overnight. (I make mine the day before).
- When the batter has rested, preheat the oven to 425F and divide it evenly among the muffin tins, generously coated with cooking spray or well buttered. Bake for 45 minutes to an hour.