1/2 Photos of Canned White Yeast Bread That Needs No Kneading
1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 15 mins
This is posted by request. It is made in coffee cans (or regular bread pans if desired). It is baked in cans to give it the unique shape. It came from a cookbook I've had since 1975. Time to rise in not in prep time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water.
- 2Blend in cardamom and 1 tablespoon sugar and let stand 5 minutes.
- 3Stir in remaining 2 tablespoons sugar, milk, oil and salt.
- 4Add 2 cups flour and beat at medium speed of electric mixture until smooth.
- 5By hand, stir in remaining flour, enough to make the batter very heavy, but to sticky to knead.
- 6If you have a heavy duty mixer you could do it all in the machine.
- 7Place batter in 2 well greased one pound coffee cans.
- 8Cover with greased plastic lids (dough may be frozen at this stage).
- 9Let cans stand in warm place until lids pop off tops, about 1 1/2 hours (if frozen, allow cans to stand for 4 to 6 hours in warm place).
- 10Remove lids and bake at 350°F for 45-50 minutes.
- 11If using a 2 pound can, bake for 1 to 1 1/4 hours.
- 12Cool for 10 minutes, loosen crust around edges with a knife and let bread slide from can.
- 13Place loaves on wire rack to continue cooling.
- 14This can also be made in 2 bread pans.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Canned White Yeast Bread That Needs No Kneading
Serving Size: 1 (1066 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1362.3
- Calories from Fat 271
- Total Fat 30.1 g
- Saturated Fat 10.6 g
- Cholesterol 53.4 mg
- Sodium 1366.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 229.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.6 g
- Sugars 19.5 g
- Protein 39.7 g