Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a variation of other donburi recipes which is usually meat or fish cooked with an egg over a hot bowl of rice. This recipe can be done plain or fancy with what you have for left-overs. Substitute canned salmon or any leftover meat. Kids especially love this recipe!
- 2 (6 ounce) cans light chunk tuna in water, drained
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar (makes the eggs fluffier)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon shoyu (soy sauce)
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons onions, chopped white (optional)
- 2 tablespoons kamaboko, chopped (fishcake) (optional)
- 1 teaspoon Nori Goma Furikake or 1 teaspoon nori sushi sheet, diced to matchsticks
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- Add oil to frying pan on medium-high heat. Quickly sauté onions.
- In separate bowl, mix all other ingredients, including sautéed onions but omit Nori.
- Add ingredients to frying pan, reduce to medium heat, and cook until eggs are cooked through.
- Serve over hot rice and top with a dash of furikake.